Sunday, September 20, 2015

Nutrition Analysis

I thought the result of my food tracking was overall pretty well. I realized that the amount of calories i ate a day were very little. During the food market activity, i learned that many of the foods were out in servings, so reading the calories straight off the bag was not for the whole bag, but rather just a portion. I also learned that calories are not the only thing you should look at. Just because something is a lot of calories, does not mean it is always unhealthy. You should always look at how much sugar, protein, and fats are in the portion. I could improve my diet by eating more dairy and less fruit. I found out that one day, i went over my fruit portion. I also needed a lot more grains. If i had an opportunity to coach someone on proper health and nutrition, I would tell them that eating a certain amount of food is important and that calories are not always unhealthy. I would also suggest to look at the amount of protein and sugar is on a food before eating it. My advice overall would to always keep track of how much food you are consuming because eating to little is just as unhealthy as eating too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment