Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Unit 2 Reflection

Health is your physical and mental well being. I think that i am overall healthy, but the majority of people at Saratoga may not be healthy due to their amount of stress. Stress is really bad for our health because it increases our blood pressure, causes skin problems, headaches, and many other symptoms that are very bad. Stress can lead to a craving for food, which can cause obesity and weight problems. Students can limit their stress by doing their homework earlier or having a good schedule. The essential themes in this unit are the pillars of health which are nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress, and social. All these factors play an important role in our life and in our health. Some things i learned is that sleep is very important. I hear many people complain that they don't get enough sleep due to the stress at school and i now know that this is very unhealthy. I also learned that getting a good and certain amount of exercise every day is very important and it can actually help you remember things and focus better. In the next unit, i will improve by taking more notes and focusing better during the lectures. I will also try to do a little extra research when i get home to learn more about each topic that we learn in class. In my life, i deal with a significant amount of stress, whether it is worrying about my future or just my grades in school. I learned this is very unhealthy and i should do something to fix this.


No comments:

Post a Comment