Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Unit 5 Reflection

  In this unit, we learned about the digestive system, lymphatic system, and endocrine system. The digestive system is the process of breaking down large molecules into small molecules and absorbing all the nutrients. It starts at the mouth and ends in the small intestines. I found it cool that the small intestine unrolled is almost as large as a tennis court. The lymphatic system consists of organs such as the spleen, tonsils, thymus, and many more. I learned that the spleen helps with metabolism and you can live without it because the liver and red bone marrow can take over its functions. The endocrine system has too with many glands such as the thyroid glands, ovaries, testes, and many other glands.

 Some of my strengths in this chapter was the lymphatic and the endocrine system. The process of how each of them worked was really interesting. My weakness was the digestive system because it was a little hard for me to follow through with.

 We started this semester with a lab where we used strings to see the length of our body all rolled out. The string was surprisingly longer than i expected and it was a really interesting activity. We also did a poster for the different states our body goes through while digesting food. My group was assigned the Fed State. This activity helped me better understand how our body works and it was really fun to do.

 I would like to learn more about the digestive system because i am not extremely clear about it. I would also like to learn more about diabetes because i know many people who have it and would like to learn more about how it is caused and more ways to prevent it to avoid getting it as well.

 One of my New Years goal was to get more sleep and stop procrastinating. Although i am not completely there to complete my goal, i feel like i am getting a little more sleep and getting my work done a little earlier than i used to.



No comments:

Post a Comment